I already discussed the steps of server starts which log info at error logs here, In this blog I would like to share the information we can get from error log.
Error Log contains:
- Version of Sql server
- Version of Windows
- Sql ServerPackage(Enterprise/standard…)
- How manu CPU are on the server.
- Sql server exe process ID
- What network library are used to listen for new connection
- state of database for as DLL (TDS)
- where any extended procedure executes
- What method was sql server shutdown(service system/t-sql)
- History of DSS and transaction log backup
- summary of DBCC CheckDB Execution.
There are many ways we can hide and show some extra information on error log by enabling/desabling respective trace( I will discuss it somewhere in my blog later).