Error: ACCESS DENIED on installation
Generally you would get error on:
>> During installation
>> when try to start the sql services.
>> After installation when try to access instance.
You would get “ACCESS DENIED” error.
To resolve this issue, you have to provide access at Secpol.msc and regedit to service account your sql server is running with:
Go to Security Settings-> Local Policies ->User Rights Assignment.
your sql service account should be included in following:
- Act as part of the operating system — For Kerberos
- Allow log on locally — for remote login
Bypass traverse checking –Shared folder/explicit access “a process the ability to skip security checks on intermediate directories or Registry keys when it opens a file, directory or Registry key”
Debug programs :Installation failed due to BUG(express 2008) – Security DEMOTED due to security issue.
Log on as a batch job “when a user submits a job by means of the task scheduler, the task scheduler logs that user on as a batch user rather than as an interactive user”
- Log on as a service — specific with Service account.
- Replace a process level token –Authentication.
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\WinHttpAutoProxySvc -SQL Server Service should have FULL CONTROL on this key.
Restart the machine.
Most of the time it should work.
Will try to write more on securities later